The break.

As the Bob Dylan stereotype would say, "The times, they are a chaaa-a-angin'!"

They are, I suppose.

I still am blinded by the memory of November 23rd--the memory of a lifetime, no doubt. I just can never seem to get it out of my head. What this will do may probably suffocate me until I turn black, shriveled, and shrunken.

And most sincerely dead, of course.

Either way, I'm not too engulfed in the reality of my imagination (as ironic as that sounds) to say that Christmas is just but a week away, and thus it means a meteor shower of gifts, a gaggle of parties, and a trillion and one songs to sing.

Tomorrow, I'll be attending what seems to be a "homecoming reunion" for us TLT alumni at GCF, hoping to see old batchmates, good friends, teachers, and a hefty amount of grease.

Yes. Grease.

It would be awesome to catch up with good friends once more. I'm especially looking forward to seeing my oldest friend, Rina, whom I've been close to since first grade.

She's quite distinguished from all my other friends in the fact that she and I can talk about anything.
It's quite an open matzo ball, really.

And yes, I realize that I need to lay off the Jewish puns just a little.

On Sunday, there will be zombies.

Oh yes, there will be zombies.

Zombies in Santa hats dancing to Thriller and bulldozers droning with mistakes, that is.
Painted masks and zippers 'tis all.

Well, since our ministry had nothing to present for last year's Church's-Annual-Christmas-Banquet, the least we could do this year is act like a bunch of zombies with convulsions, gruelling headaches, and possibly even tripping.

Well why not? We are zombies, after all.

And on the same day, from zombies, we would go even further into the past before our zombie-like beings have emerged.

19th Century-themed costume party, man.

And with the release of Kings & Queens by 30STM through Philippine radio stations, nothing could be more fitting, eh?

Though we are expected to dress as either princes or princesses or commoners or dukes or lads or lords or reverends or whatnot, I have no agenda on dressing up like a woman.

I wanted to dress like V, which seemed like the most fitting thing to do, but V came from the 1980's, not to mention Guy Fawkes, whom V emulates, was born in 1570 and died in the 1600's.

So it would just be much before the acquitted prime.

Besides, they did not restrict cross-dressing anyways.

It's like a rose disguised as a thorn. Intelligent concept, silly at first, yet rewarding in the end.

At least I get to wear boots.

--

A quick note.

I'm only hoping that after the homecoming reunion/soiree/shindig/event/whatever the heck you should call it, I'll be able to get this:



Next thing to XOXO I could love, yes, Kindling.

It's been a top-priority on my never-ending Christmas list, and mom would love for me to purchase it also.

Yes, it is decided: Kindling and I belong.

Popular Posts