The pact.
Well. I had a very interesting conversation with Miss Sabrina Espiritu today.
If you don't know, I've been praying for this for quite sometime.
For a long, long time, I've been feeling pretty lonely, socially. Sure, people talk to me, I get good comments about my art, I have friends at church, but not exactly a best friend. And a human one, because Bob the Crocodile as a best friend apparently isn't healthy enough for society to handle.
Anyway.
Most of my life, I haven't had much of a best friend. In love, yes, but with those who had no idea I existed. Interested in people whom I'd like to be best friends with, but they already had their own.
And I didn't like big groups of friends. I still don't, even if I get jealous of them sometimes when they have reunions without me being invited, or parties where I didn't get invited. But usually when it bothered me once, it got off very quickly.
And well you know, someone can deal with loneliness for only so long, even with so many ideas on the things that make the world go round, and the preoccupation in the mind of all these things, and how these things work.
But then it always comes to this point where you realize how big and odd and strange the world is, and you wish you weren't the only one to understand the world in this unique perspective.
And so for so long, I've been praying for a best friend, a friend whom I can talk to about everything and anything without fear. A friend without conditions, a friend who knows me better than anyone else.
A friend who didn't mind being alone, like me.
And so, Sabrina was my best friend since 1st grade. But then time passed, in 4th grade, Rina made new friends, and for some time, I've been feeling lonelier and lonelier, until it didn't matter so much. And then 6th grade came by, and we went very separate ways.
We hardly talked. We hardly sat with one another during lunch, and I was obsessed with the material things in life, and Rina was going at warpspeed into the better, more important things in life.
And then we both felt betrayals, and we both felt burdens, and we both felt the exact same things in life.
Then one day, Rina just sent me a message on Facebook, saying she started loving comics (most especially Batman) and also shared the same dream as I do of one day becoming a superhero.
And I just so happened to start a comic featuring a lady who flings pies and owns a rabbit named Pinkus who just so happened to not have an identity yet.
And yes, that is her.
And so, I asked Rina if I she could take on the superhero identity of Miss American Pie, of which she was more than happy to oblige to do so, and we soon both got so excited, having this special comic, her and I.
I just found her on YIM an hour ago, and chatted a bit on Miss American Pie's traits and had fun making Boris Flint, Miss American Pie's dream-man/Catwoman-to-her-Batman and plotting ideas and things.
In all that, it's made me realize how good of a friend Rina always was to me, how good of a friend I was to her in ways I don't understand much myself, and how I know her more than probably any other person besides myself.
And I should hide nothing from her, because she's such a good friend. With many other people, I always felt like I couldn't say much or else they would despise me, but with Rina, I never had a thing to hide.
We talked about life for a little.
We were mutually surprised to find out that we have the same outlook towards our other friends whom we used to be so close to--almost as if we couldn't recognize them anymore.
And we both felt a little lonely, at times. She didn't mind it much either, but again, one could stay lonely for only so long.
And we both came to the realization that many people could be so close one day, and by the way of the world, be torn and scattered and flying in indeterminate directions.
That's the way of the world.
But I also understood that there are exceptions to the way of the world when it's not the way of the world.
In other words, the only exception to the way of the world is if it's only God's way. And God's way maintains friendships, love, freedom, happiness, and whatever important thing life may need.
Well, Rina's been by best friend since the beginning, and it wavered a little, but didn't change one bit.
And so, the pact was made, I decreed her my best friend forever, she decreed me the same.
Another prayer answered, and more to await.
