The Kevin Glam.

It's suddenly become a gag.

Blame the dream I had last night. 

A couple of my friends from church had slept over at our place in the dream, about five of them who seemed to have different faces yet the same names, the same voices, the same personalities. Strangely all of them were dudes. Funny too, because some of them were almost unrecognizable because they either got so much taller or sported hairdos I could not imagine them having in real life.

Though the only person whose face was left unchanged was Mr. Certain Somebody. Though he did become a little whiter. Taller too. 

Nice.
After bidding everybody downstairs goodnight and going up to my room, for some reason the whole second floor was transformed into some outdoor football field where some sort of dance number was being held, and these people were all dressed in black costumes and white gloves.

A friend of mine who was part of the group that was about to dance waved at me, and I waved back.

Well it was quite easy to spot me from the bleachers. Unfortunately no one else was going there to watch, so I got the best view from the best seat, and a great overhead view of the night sky and the spotlights and the stars.

And I saw my friend holding hands with another girl who was smiling at him with such admiration. There is always that twinkle in the eyes that makes you think there's obviously some little thing breaking through here.

And as they started twirling their batons and dancing and blowing their trumpets, people did gather, people did cheer, people did throw confetti and their unmentionables and other things.

I couldn't get over the way my friend and that girl were looking into one another's eyes though. It made me chuckle and it made me extremely happy for them both.

But suddenly Mr. Certain Somebody came to sit beside me.

I tell him, "You see that girl with Kel? I never knew they'd end up with one another."

He laughed and he said, "You don't know her? It's my sister!"

Which sister, though? I could not be sure, because he had many sisters. And not a single one of them looked like her. Possibly her look changed too.

"Well isn't that funny!" I laughed.

We talked a little more, of which I couldn't remember so well, until he asked, "Do you like somebody?"

Suddenly surprised, I said, "Yeah. You know... Lee Dewyze. James Jean. The guy in V for Vendetta with the Guy Fawkes mask and shiny swords."

"Ah."

To carry on a conversation, I continued, "So you like somebody too?"

"Yes."

And for a while I was a little disappointed. Not too sad, not exactly sad. Until.
"I like you."

My eyes never widened to such an extent before. Even in dream mode. (And I realize how stupid this dream must sound, and I agree that this is the dumbest dream I've ever had.)

"Me?"

"Yeah you--Kevin Glam, that's you. I like you."

And as beyond weird as that sounds, he starts running away off into the bleachers. Obviously bewildered by the fact that he called me "Kevin Glam" and all, I yelled at him to come forth yet he continued to run. And so I had to run after him too, and the bleachers suddenly turned into this maze of hallways of something that looked like a mall, and when I reached the end, I was outside.

And I saw some of my old classmates, Renzo, Mark, Migs, M2, even Axel wearing shades and heading toward a yellow school bus with some taller guy.

On fretful impulse, I yelled at Mark and grabbed his shoulder, "Mark! I need to find this dude who apparently likes me!"

And all the more that sounded dumb.

In a Horatio-Caine-style shades-tug, Mark responded, "I'll see what I can do. But come forth now, we have something inside this yellow bus before you."

Instead of seats inside the bus, there was a built-in table with a crate on top of it.

We all took seats around the table, and after opening the crate, Renzo said, "This here, is a prototype."

And this "prototype" turns out to be a set of green, glowing headphones?

"What are the headphones for?"

Then the tall guy driving the car said, "Shouldn't you know? You're Kevin Glam."

And then I woke up.

--

That must have been the lamest dream I've ever had in my entire life.

Though it had revealed something I never knew about myself. In the dream world, I was Kevin Glam, and Kevin was a girl name and Glam was the coolest last name in the entire world.

If I ever make a comic book or make a TV show, that could be my alias of sorts. And maybe tweak "Kevin" a bit to make it sound more like a girl's name perhaps. Like "Kielvin." Or "Kielvine." Or "Kelvine." Or "Evin." Or "Kvin."

The possibilities are endless.

--


Some few years ago, I came across The Goon comic advertisements in the pages of The Umbrella Academy. I always thought the art was cool, and I often found The Goon: Fancy Pants Editions at Fully Booked, but I didn't really take interest in it.

Now I realize how stupid I was to overlook it.

I think it's one of the most fabulously written and drawn comics ever made. A mixture of Screamland and Bones, only enhanced by a dash of Cemetery Blues and Al Columbia. But of course very different.

It also has that short-but-sweet nature of Mike Mignola's works, humorous and crude, but not explicit.

Except for that Margaret Snodgrass controversy, but all that is forgiven. I think.

Rapidshare has been very gracious to me in supplying me with so many comic downloads and various sources to get comics. I was able to get some Beasts of Burden action, and I plan to download issue 3 tomorrow due to my persistent curfew of 12 in the morning.

Just hope that this time my dreams address me by the name I know and love.

Popular Posts