The end.
No, this won't be the entry to end all entries. In fact, this entry shall open up a new beginning.
Yes sir, Ally Publico's come a long, long way since June 1, 2009, and has become a sophomore no more as of today, March 31, 2010!
Well, it's been a good ten months. I'll have to get used to summer a little bit and not automatically make it a point to clear my desk of things before doing whatever works and preparing each day for goofing off, drawing, writing, reading, watching Star Trek DVDs, watching Seinfeld, and the weekly dose of American Idol, coming and going as so.
And in sudden realization that my ten months of not-exactly-horrific-terror has come to a close, I celebrated by taking macro shots of random things in my room.
And I think I'll make it a daily routine now on--to take macro shots of things everyday, and at the end of each year compile them. Maybe I could have them developed and put into photo albums. Well, it's an idea, a kooky one almost, but it could work. Plus it would make a great addition to my portfolio.
So add that to the declassified list of special things to do.
Also, since late 2008, I've been working on my very own comic called H.U.S.H. Originally, it was this organization of the dead (not zombies, but the dead) then it became an organization of the dead and the living run by an evil homunculus, but now it's become an organization specializing in the affairs of the world's condition, run by an insane yet immortal misanthropist.
Well Hush is still evil in parts, but the difference between what he was from scratch is that now, he's developing a heart. Especially towards his adopted daughter, Jet.
I've been hellbent on getting this comic over with or making a full story with it, but I always got frustrated with everything.
My usual way of making comics is draw first, write as you draw. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. And the Dark Horse Company Submissions' guidelines suggest not to work in that foolish and unorthodox manner.
And I tried actually writing first before drawing it out. Actually, I think it's better.
I was able to write up 12 full pages of story last night with the guidelines in mind. I've got to tell you, I've never had so much fun in my entire life! It didn't feel like working, even if I wouldn't publish it soon, and it was all fast-paced and organized.
And I think I've come up with this insane grand scheme of some sort. If I actually continue writing this, and if I can sacrifice precious slumber in hellbent pursuit of putting all these together, I might actually make this a comic, have it printed, and present it to somebody at the Komikon on the 17th.
I mean why not, I have time. Not enough, but after much self-evaluation and living with my antics for the past 14 years and four months, I have noticed I work best with a deadline and if I really love what I'm doing.
It could happen, and if it does, let's see.
Let's see, why don't we?
--
The other night I had the most perverse dream ever dreamt.
My good friend Sabrina and I had these ideas for a comic and were about to present it to these other people who looked like Simpsons characters because they were all yellow and cartoon-like.
Yet they were the meanest judges and bearers of advice on the planet. They were especially mean to Sabrina, and we never wanted to work for them again. Plus the house they all lodged in was creepy, and some of them hung onto hooks by means of string attached to their chins.
Then the next day, I went out very early morning and then Homer Simpson yells out to me from the house across the street that Bart and Lisa found something.
They show me this little silver thermos with a lid on either end, and when they open it up, the bodies of the mean judges Sabrina and I met earlier were killed and cased in there. A disgusting sight, and whoever killed them opened their torsos up until their hips and thei insides looked so hollow and gross.
The bodies are packed into layers, though and when we reach the last layer, a little vortex reveals that some guy named "Peppy Pete" and his accomplices (a teenager who controls lava and some guy in a green suit) killed them in the first place.
The next day, reports of a giant rat attacking town shocks the neighborhood. Already it has killed lots--and only by the sight of it.
Everyone is too afraid to get rid of it, so Lisa, Bart, and I are in charge of exterminating this repugnant rodent.
We get the dead bodies we found in the thermos and pack them all into a grave. To lure this rodent even further, we put Milhouse's name onto the grave to make the rat believe it is a misspelling of "Mouse." And plus, the rat hates Milhouse.
And so Bart, Lisa, and I wait in this graveyard that looks like an observatory and soon the rat comes. And it's big, alright. And scary, even for a cartoon rat. I get the heebie-jeebies when I think about it.
Soon the rat comes and goes to "Milhouse's" grave. To our delight, we hear the crunching of bones, the slippery squeaks of flesh against the rodent's teeth, and the whole graveyard is soon filled with the stench of masticated corpses.
And out of excitement that our plan worked, one of us accidentally drops a magnifying glass (I don't recall what it was for) and the rat gets suspicious.
Lisa, Bart and I tremble in fear, and I want to scream because I didn't expect it to end like this!
And then I see a shadow of a gigantic rat looming over Lisa and I as we hide behind a tombstone. I'm too scared to scream and suddenly I can't breathe.
And then I wake up.
