The things life must never change.

I don't wish to grow old of this life I have with me.

This young life that I'm holding hands with, my life with love for James Jean, for guidance from God and internal smarts and subconscious knowledge from Bob the crocodile. This life where The Eagles and The Carpenters and Weird Al Yankovic and The White Stripes and The Raconteurs are there to rock the world when this young life needs a straightforward kick in the derriere.

I just fear that someday this life will be different.

Things can only get darker, because nothing has ever gone brighter than this. If it is ever channeled even further, the light bulb that has rescued my mottled brain will dim out.

Maybe at the end of the year, I won't love James Jean as much. Maybe at the end, Bob the crocodile will only matter as a crocodile. V will just be a crazy guy in a mask. Karen Carpenter's voice won't make me fall irretrievably in love.

No more magic in what is absolutely beautiful.

And I don't want that.

I can't imagine life as I know it without Seinfeld, James Jean, Bob, V, Star Trek, Hellboy, all these lovely things.

It's a desperate look on life, but no one sees it exactly the same way.

It's the only way I look at life as I know it. There's a lonely world out there, not a single person knows every single thing I do. Not every single thing I think about.

In reality, the only One who knows me is God Himself. He would know what to do in everything. He has the answers I need right now to give me the better way of life--whether it will be the same forever or not.

He has the better plan.

If there were only some way I could find out what.

Popular Posts