The next to be with you.
I'M THE ONE WHO WANTS TO BE WITH YOUU
DEEP INSIDE I HOPE YOU FEEL IT TOOO
WAITED ON A LINE OF GREENS AND BLUESSSS
JUST TO BE THE NEXT TO BE WITH YOUUU
"Don't tell me. Something's changed."
Well not really, but I do have some explaining to do.
I went through this unmentioned phase in mid-August-near-September where I just loved Doug Jones
(yes the guy who played Abe Sapien in Hellboy and The Silver Surfer in Fantastic Four 2),
and then I was also introduced to the incredible mime troupe of singing automatons called Steam Powered Giraffe,
and then the Doug Jones/Ball State University-based movie, My Name Is Jerry,
and then Sex And The City,
and then this song.
And it goes like this.
I was bored one night in August, switching through random channels, and then caught OK! Karaoke on MTV Sea.
They played (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams off the Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves OST. And afterward this song came up. Why yes, I did think it was really catchy, and it just occurred to me that this song came around by accident.
The cool thing is before even I started going to TSMS, this song somehow built me up and gave me some small shot of confidence. And somehow this small shot of confidence has been carried within me each day.
Not the kind of confidence that gets people to always want to be with you,
but the kind of confidence that doesn't make you care about loneliness.
Why yes, another song that encourages the Great Isolation Experiment.
I don't even think it should be called an experiment much longer though.
At this point, I'd rather see it as a theory. The Great Isolation Theory.
This is why.
School was great today. Friday, sunshine, Photography Club, stuff like that.
For Social Studies, we discussed the true, more mature details behind innocent nursery rhymes (like Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary being the child-friendly version of the sadistic and utterly insane Queen Mary "Bloody Mary" Tudor of England) through a report Sab, Alyssa, and Bea made. We also watched a Disney-based documentary on the origins of other Nursery Rhymes such as London Bridges and Jack Horner.
And during Computer class, I was amazed at the startling revelation that our somewhat dull Computer teacher actually had a bag with James Jean artwork on it--and yes, I'm referring to the artwork he did for Prada.
Math was also incredible. A small percentage of the class were playing Limbo with these two Arnis sticks to substitute for a pole, and I've gotta tell you, I've never been so amazed by a Limbo demonstration in my entire life! Lorra, Klyde, RJ, and Rone were all incredible, and Jem pulled off the most hilarious of grimaces under the sticks. Totally made everyone's day.
Finally, I got the whole shutter-speed priority thing down! For Photography Club, I've been under useless efforts in getting decent shots based on shutter-speed, and I was frustrated the entire time because the Continuous Shot function on my camera wouldn't work at all.
But really, Sir Nesjohn is the best. He's an absolute genius at photography, really, and it was so nice of him to ask, "Alyssa, were you able to get any shots?"
As politely as I could muster (thank you, spell of frustration) I answered, "No... I can't seem to get the hang of it." I knew there was something wrong about my tone of voice, so I felt.
But even if I was annoyed at myself for all this, Sir Nesjohn encouraged me instead. "You can do it! Just be patient."
So that really helped me up. And after that, I discovered my loophole to substitute for the Continuous Shot function--Custom Timer, really--and then finally got some A-okay shots.
And after Photography Club, I went back upstairs and saw Sir Nesjohn again. I approached him and said, "Sir, I was able to get one decent shot, but I'm not so sure. Is it okay?"
"Yeah, that's cool! Just keep practicing, you'll get the hang of it soon enough."
"Thank you sir. And thank you also for earlier, what you said encouraged me. Be seeing you, sir!"
"Sure, anytime. Bye, take care!"
Love Sir Nesjohn. Even if he kinda screwed with our heads a little from our P.E. and Health exams and accidentally clonked me on the head with a volleyball during P.E. last Tuesday, he's still the best.
Also, I mentioned there was this guy from the 4B class whom I kinda... well, like.
Sure, I think he's cute and he's funny and he draws really well and plays the guitar well and sings too, but really, how does he match to James Jean?
Well yeah, his artwork is superb. The Photography Club meets up at the 4B classroom, and on his desk (I'm sure of it), he drew this amazing battle scene or symbolic scene for Social Studies (or was it Filipino? Can't be sure) on a small illustration board. The details were marvelous, technique was gorgeous, strokes were immaculate.
Sadly he wasn't there for me to directly express admiration. But somebody has to. Someone's gotta tell him how awesome he is. I really wish I could.
And I could have, but it would completely blow my cover. Earlier, after Photography Club and on my way to the stairs and the upstairs where I would later take word from Sir Nesjohn, something actually happened.
Like I said, I was heading for the stairs. So was he. But he didn't really notice me, that's a good thing. And under an invisible sort of cover, I felt like I had all the freedom in the world to do something at least--just as long as nothing else would blow up.
So the most "sane" and "sensible" thing to do at that time was to follow him. Funny, I found myself right behind him, and I thought I went way too far with this when suddenly I was jerked and accidentally nudged a little and touched his bag, slightly.
Now I kinda wish I was pushed right against his bag, causing the both of us to fall down and that way I could say, "Sorry!" and introduce myself. He'd do the same. We could talk for a little, if I had the courage, and then part ways.
At least do something just to let him know I exist. Or at least let him know who I am.
And I lent Sab the Letters Of A Lovestruck Teenager book. That way she's in on "the prophecy" just as well, and I wouldn't be the only one in the world who finds coincidence popping just about everywhere nowadays.
Thus indirectly proves the Great Isolation Theory.
Yeah, I know I still need to do more research.
The cool thing is before even I started going to TSMS, this song somehow built me up and gave me some small shot of confidence. And somehow this small shot of confidence has been carried within me each day.
Not the kind of confidence that gets people to always want to be with you,
but the kind of confidence that doesn't make you care about loneliness.
Why yes, another song that encourages the Great Isolation Experiment.
I don't even think it should be called an experiment much longer though.
At this point, I'd rather see it as a theory. The Great Isolation Theory.
This is why.
School was great today. Friday, sunshine, Photography Club, stuff like that.
For Social Studies, we discussed the true, more mature details behind innocent nursery rhymes (like Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary being the child-friendly version of the sadistic and utterly insane Queen Mary "Bloody Mary" Tudor of England) through a report Sab, Alyssa, and Bea made. We also watched a Disney-based documentary on the origins of other Nursery Rhymes such as London Bridges and Jack Horner.
And during Computer class, I was amazed at the startling revelation that our somewhat dull Computer teacher actually had a bag with James Jean artwork on it--and yes, I'm referring to the artwork he did for Prada.
Math was also incredible. A small percentage of the class were playing Limbo with these two Arnis sticks to substitute for a pole, and I've gotta tell you, I've never been so amazed by a Limbo demonstration in my entire life! Lorra, Klyde, RJ, and Rone were all incredible, and Jem pulled off the most hilarious of grimaces under the sticks. Totally made everyone's day.
Finally, I got the whole shutter-speed priority thing down! For Photography Club, I've been under useless efforts in getting decent shots based on shutter-speed, and I was frustrated the entire time because the Continuous Shot function on my camera wouldn't work at all.
But really, Sir Nesjohn is the best. He's an absolute genius at photography, really, and it was so nice of him to ask, "Alyssa, were you able to get any shots?"
As politely as I could muster (thank you, spell of frustration) I answered, "No... I can't seem to get the hang of it." I knew there was something wrong about my tone of voice, so I felt.
But even if I was annoyed at myself for all this, Sir Nesjohn encouraged me instead. "You can do it! Just be patient."
So that really helped me up. And after that, I discovered my loophole to substitute for the Continuous Shot function--Custom Timer, really--and then finally got some A-okay shots.
And after Photography Club, I went back upstairs and saw Sir Nesjohn again. I approached him and said, "Sir, I was able to get one decent shot, but I'm not so sure. Is it okay?"
"Yeah, that's cool! Just keep practicing, you'll get the hang of it soon enough."
"Thank you sir. And thank you also for earlier, what you said encouraged me. Be seeing you, sir!"
"Sure, anytime. Bye, take care!"
Love Sir Nesjohn. Even if he kinda screwed with our heads a little from our P.E. and Health exams and accidentally clonked me on the head with a volleyball during P.E. last Tuesday, he's still the best.
Also, I mentioned there was this guy from the 4B class whom I kinda... well, like.
Sure, I think he's cute and he's funny and he draws really well and plays the guitar well and sings too, but really, how does he match to James Jean?
Well yeah, his artwork is superb. The Photography Club meets up at the 4B classroom, and on his desk (I'm sure of it), he drew this amazing battle scene or symbolic scene for Social Studies (or was it Filipino? Can't be sure) on a small illustration board. The details were marvelous, technique was gorgeous, strokes were immaculate.
Sadly he wasn't there for me to directly express admiration. But somebody has to. Someone's gotta tell him how awesome he is. I really wish I could.
And I could have, but it would completely blow my cover. Earlier, after Photography Club and on my way to the stairs and the upstairs where I would later take word from Sir Nesjohn, something actually happened.
Like I said, I was heading for the stairs. So was he. But he didn't really notice me, that's a good thing. And under an invisible sort of cover, I felt like I had all the freedom in the world to do something at least--just as long as nothing else would blow up.
So the most "sane" and "sensible" thing to do at that time was to follow him. Funny, I found myself right behind him, and I thought I went way too far with this when suddenly I was jerked and accidentally nudged a little and touched his bag, slightly.
Now I kinda wish I was pushed right against his bag, causing the both of us to fall down and that way I could say, "Sorry!" and introduce myself. He'd do the same. We could talk for a little, if I had the courage, and then part ways.
At least do something just to let him know I exist. Or at least let him know who I am.
And I lent Sab the Letters Of A Lovestruck Teenager book. That way she's in on "the prophecy" just as well, and I wouldn't be the only one in the world who finds coincidence popping just about everywhere nowadays.
Thus indirectly proves the Great Isolation Theory.
Yeah, I know I still need to do more research.