The return.
I do have a lot of explaining to do.
Life's been busier than ever, my dear blog. I've been two months and knee-deep into going to a new school and having strange adolescent experiences I as Ally Publico have never faced before, none of which are extreme anyway, but none of which I'm accustomed to.
But come on, it does get better.
Our sembreak has finally come 'round. And yes, this means I have all the time in the world to write, to paint, to draw, to watch Seinfeld, and to be master of my domain once more.
And I have so much to tell you about this new school I'm going to and this new life I'm living.
Granted, I'm about seven weeks deep into being a new student at Seed Montessori, and already I've experienced intense cramming, girlish excitement, the judgmental face of High School society, Foundation Day, and actually just yesterday we had a fieldtrip.
And no, it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.
No I do not have that many new friends yet. Well, kind of. But I'm not very close to all of them yet.
Though I did befriend somebody who has quickly become one of my best friends in the entire universe. And I do love all my teachers too.
But most importantly.
Well. All my life I've been obsessed with what my eyes observe and what my hands can make--namely art.
And while I've been all this and while I've been all that, there have been episodes when this and that have been disturbed somewhat by what goes on deep inside. Never greatly disturbed, but interrupted. Somewhat.
Alrighty. So picture this.
My first day at Seed.
My busmate Renzo whom I've been good friends and classmates with since first grade kindly goes out of his way to walk me to my classroom. I, being slightly out of breath from having to carry a bag full of books (the strap of which had inconveniently snapped off, need I mention), am teetering on the edge of hyperventilating and waiting for Rina to come 'round.
Instead, I find myself in a slightly messed-up classroom with bags already piling on each chair, and my new friend RJ there, greeting me as I walk in.
"Hi Ally! Welcome to the 3B classroom!" RJ chimes in. "How's your first day so far?"
I laugh and say, "Worst thing in the world happened. Earlier while getting off the bus, my bag snapped its..."
...suddenly somebody catches my eye. He's smiling at me and he's a fair distance away, a little over two meters away. He laughs a little while I narrate my story and speak in English, which, unlike in TLT, isn't that common.
"Strap?" RJ finished my statement.
"...yeah, its strap." I realize I'm suddenly out of words.
And so this somebody who catches my eye waves at me and smiles.
While I talk to RJ, asking him where Rina was, swooning over how things which used to be mere telephone conversations were now tangible, and searching for my seat, I couldn't help but look at Mr. Pardon-My-English.
Of course his name really isn't Mr. Pardon-My-English, silly. However, looking at him, I already felt... well... you know... like I already kinda liked him. A lot.
And it really is tough, now that he's even become my seatmate and my groupmate in every single subject, and I even went to his house for us to do a project at one point. It's just that he's one of the sweetest and nicest people I've ever met, and he loves cartoons and superheros like I do, and he always says such kind comments about my art and is also somewhat interested in art himself. Plus we're both in Photography Club along with RJ and another good friend of mine, Hershey.
And it's been seven weeks since I met him.
And now I've got about a week and a half away from him, away from school, away from stress, and back to life, back to art, back to my ideas, back to my dreams, back to isolation from society.
And I miss all of those things.
And it really is tough, now that he's even become my seatmate and my groupmate in every single subject, and I even went to his house for us to do a project at one point. It's just that he's one of the sweetest and nicest people I've ever met, and he loves cartoons and superheros like I do, and he always says such kind comments about my art and is also somewhat interested in art himself. Plus we're both in Photography Club along with RJ and another good friend of mine, Hershey.
And it's been seven weeks since I met him.
And now I've got about a week and a half away from him, away from school, away from stress, and back to life, back to art, back to my ideas, back to my dreams, back to isolation from society.
And I miss all of those things.